The 7-Eleven is one of the biggest convenience stores globally. Known for its 24 hours, seven (7) days a week business operations, the company has now 2,287 stores (as of 2017) stores in the Philippines.
Seeing the success of the company, it’s no longer a question as to why there are lot of people interested in franchising 7-Eleven. Here are some of the perks of acquiring a 7-Eleven franchise:
- As claimed by the company, the 7-Eleven’s royalty system is based on the store’s gross profit compared to other franchise systems who based it on a percentage of sales. Hence, the company promises that the system can provide the franchisee with profitable sales; and
- 7-Eleven bears the cost of major store equipment, shares gross profit with the franchisee, pays 50% of the electricity, provides bookkeeping services, support structure and operations field consultants, and has area and district managers that aide to the franchisee’s store performance.
Steps to apply for a 7-Eleven Franchise
Here’s the process of applying for a 7-Eleven franchise:
- It is open for individuals that have personal qualities, experience, and financial standing to operate a 7-Eleven franchise. Also, the individual should be:
- 25 – 60 years old;
- Obtained 72 units in any college course or graduate of any vocation course;
- Experience in retail and fast food industry is a plus; and
- Willing to undergo three (3) to five (5) months training, devote day-to-day store operations and take on role as a Store Operator.
- Complete the inquiry form and attend 7-Eleven’s franchise briefing every Mondays and Thursday at Columbia Tower, Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City.
- Select your site from the company’s list.
- After choosing your site, you will undergo a three-level interview. If you passed, legal documents will be prepared for you to sign.
- You’ll undergo a Franchise Certification Program for three (3) to five (5) months which is a combination of classroom and in-store training. You should be able to pass the District and Zone Mangers’ interview.
- From the submission of application to the actual store opening, the application to acquire a 7-Eleven franchise may take at least six (6) month to over one (1) year. As a potential franchisee, you should bear in mind that there are a lot of factors consider to finally start the business – from construction, provision of utilities, acquisition of regulatory permits and licenses, and trainings you have to undergo as the franchisee.
- The franchising fee amounts to PHP 600,000.00 that should be give upon approve of application. Followed by initial stores supplies (PHP 170,000.00), initial merchandise (PHP 800,000.00), construction cost (PHP 2.03 Million), advance payment for rent and deposit (depending on the lease terms). Hence, total cash for investing will range from PHP 3.5 Million to PHP 5 Million.
- Send your application to:
The Franchise Manager
Philippine Seven Corporation
7th Floor, Columbia Tower, Ortigas Ave., near corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City
You may reach 7-Eleven through their hotline no. (+63 (02)726-9968), mobile no. (+63 (920)950-8651; +63 (917)871-1686) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Other information about applying for a 7-Eleven Franchise
- Once the franchise has been awarded, you may seek an approval with the company if you opt to get in a partnership or form a corporation with the franchise you’ve made. In such a case, you should be able to identify who’d be the Store Operator, who’ll own at least 51% of the corporation’s share, and Assistant Store Operator.
- The 7-Eleven also provides its franchisees with internal financing program, 60%, for the initial merchandise cost.
Franchising is one of the ideals ways to even grow your hard-earned money. However, you must bear in mind that the success of franchising lies in varying factors – from customers’ satisfaction, quality of manpower, services, and goods, and cleanliness, safety, and friendliness of the environment.