Quick, affordable, and delicious meals are some of the greatest selling points of a fast-food restaurant, and among the countless fast-food chains in the Philippines, one of the most prominent brands is McDonald’s.
One of the most well-known and well-loved fast-food chain within and outside of the Philippines, McDonald’s had its doors open for franchising for Filipinos since 1985, and if you’re interested to also become one McDonald’s franchisee then continue reading and know how to acquire a franchise with McDonald’s and the requirements they’re looking for their franchisee applicants.
McDonald’s first arrived in the Philippines in 1992, with its first stores located in Visayas and Mindanao specifically on the cities of Cebu and Cagayan de Oro. Later on, as McDonald’s success flourish, in 2005 the Mcdonalds Philippines became a 100% Filipino-owned.
McDonald’s, dubbed as one of the biggest and leading fast-food chain in the country, solely have their franchising license reserved for Filipino born or former natural-born Filipino, and with 90% of its branches owned by independent franchisees, it’s safe to say that McDonald’s is one of the big contributors to opening opportunities for the Filipinos to gain a platform to exercise their spirit of entrepreneurship with a world-class company like McDonald’s.
Mcdonalds Franchise Details
Estimated Cost of Investment: $1 Million
Franchise Term: 10 years or the term of the lease, whichever is shorter.
Franchise Package Covers the Following:
- Architectural Planning and Global Design Fees
- Building and leasehold improvements and other relevant site work necessary
- Air-conditioning system, kitchen exhaust, and stainless fabs
- Point of sale
- Kitchen equipment, seating, signage, and décor
- Other furniture and fixtures
- Government-mandated requirement
*The estimated cost of investment stated is dependent on the following factors for consideration:
- Restaurant type & size
- Suitability of existing building
- Site location whether provincial or within Metro Manila
3 Ways to Franchise with McDonald’s Philippines
Aspiring Mcdonald’s franchisee can acquire the McDonald’s franchise license and be granted the title owner-operator through three (3) ways of how McDonald’s grants franchise to their applicants:
- The Company awards franchises for a new site or restaurant.
- The Company awards franchises for an existing restaurant owned and operated by the Company.
- The Company awards franchises for an existing restaurant owned and operated by a franchisee who would want to sell his or her McDonald’s restaurant.
Address: 8th Floor, F&M Lopez II Bldg. 109 Carlos Palanca Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City
Contact No.: 8888-500 loc. 5000 | 0919-9128853
Alternatively, you may also fill out the form found at the bottom of this link to reach out to McDonald’s Philippines.
Advantages of Becoming a McDonalds’ Franchisee
- Join of the most successful and trusted fast-food chain globally
- Have access to McDonald’s world-class suppliers, to provide the quality goods and services McDonald’s is known for.
- Receive McDonald’s extensive support system which covers all aspects of the business, including operations, supply chain, and marketing support throughout the entire franchise term.
- Experience the world-class training only given to owner-operators of McDonald’s franchise, and learn how to deliver world-class service and thrive to achieve business success.
Things to Consider Before Becoming a McDonald’s Franchisee
- McDonald’s the Philippines only grants franchise licenses to Filipino or former natural-born Filipino citizens.
- Be reminded that McDonald’s grants franchise licenses on a restaurant basis, not a territorial or geographical basis.
- Have a significant business experience, have successfully owned or manage multiple business units/led multiple departments.
- Applicants should have significant financial resources to support the business.
- Ensure that you can personally monitor the store on a regular basis to oversee the flow of operation and ensure that everything is running smoothly.